In the app, various settings can be adjusted to your preference. Once you have installed E-Track&Trace, you can still make adjustments in the settings. To do this, go to the E-Track&Trace module in the app and click on settings in the bottom left corner.
- Show vehicle location
The location of your vehicle is displayed on the map using a green icon with a caravan.
- Show my location
Your own location is displayed on the map using a green icon with a figure. This is the location of your phone and will only be visible if you have location enabled.
You can set the notifications for each module. There are 3 types of alerts that warn you if the minimum values you set for this particular module are exceeded:
- Sound: a sound is played.
- Vibrate: the phone will vibrate.
- Pop-up: a notification will appear in the centre of your app (you will only see this when the app is on)
- Push Notification: a notification will appear on the screen, even if you have your navigation on, for example. This is also the notification sent when your app is off.
For each type of alert you can switch it on or off by means of the slider to the right of the alert type.
Notification is not correct
Do you get a message when you think everything is fine? In that case, you may not have certain settings in place. Check that your Safety perimeter is set correctly. If everything is set correctly but you still get an error message, please contact E-Trailer.
Setting the Safety perimeter
When opening E-Track&Trace, you will see a map with 2 icons. The person icon refers to your location, based on your phone’s location services. The caravan icon refers to the location of your vehicle.
At the bottom, just above the bottom bar, you will see a shield icon saying Set Safety perimeter. This is the Safety perimeter menu. Below, you can read step by step how to set up this perimeter.
Activate Safety perimeter:
- Open the E-Track&Trace
- Press Set safety perimeter at the bottom, you will be taken to the menu shown here.
- Zoom in on the map to your desired scale, use the + and – buttons on the left side of the screen.
- Move the Safety perimeter location by dragging the map, the Shield icon is the centre of the Safety perimeter. It is always displayed in the centre of the map.
- Set the desired radius by moving the bar at the bottom. You can also type a size in the box.
The minimum value of the radius is 100 Metres (0.1KM).
The maximum value of the radius is 10 Kilometres.
- When everything is set as desired, press activate perimeter. The safety perimeter is set, this may take several minutes.
If you want to deactivate the Safety perimter, press Turn off safety perimter at the bottom of the screen. This immediately disables the Safety perimeter. The desired Safety perimeter size will be remembered for next time.