In the app, various settings can be adjusted to your preference.
Once you have installed E-Track&Trace, you can still make adjustments in the settings. To do this, go to the E-Track&Trace module in the app and click on settings in the bottom left corner. You will see 2 tabs in this section of the app:
- General Here you can choose which icons are shown on the map.
- Notification Here you can specify what type of notifications you want to receive. This notification will be sent even when the app is off, so you will always get an alert.
You can set the notifications for each module. There are 3 types of alerts that warn you if the minimum values you set for this particular module are exceeded:
- Sound: a sound is played.
- Vibrate: the phone will vibrate.
- Pop-up: a notification will appear in the centre of your app (you will only see this when the app is on)
- Push Notification: a notification will appear on the screen, even if you have your navigation on, for example. This is also the notification sent when your app is off.
For each type of alert you can switch it on or off by means of the slider to the right of the alert type.
Notification is not correct
Do you get a message when you think everything is fine? In that case, you may not have certain settings in place. Check that your Safety Zone is set correctly. If everything is set correctly but you still get an error message, please contact E-Trailer.
Setting the Safety Zone
When opening E-Track&Trace, you will see a map with 2 icons. The person icon refers to your location, based on your phone’s location services. The caravan icon refers to the location of your vehicle.
At the bottom, just above the bottom bar, you will see a shield icon saying ‘Set Safety Zone’. This is the Safety Zone menu. Below, you can read step by step how to set up this zone.
Activate Safety Zone:
- Open the E-Track&Trace
- Press ‘Set Safety Zone‘ at the bottom, you will enter the menu shown on the right.
- Zoom in on the map to your desired scale, use the + and – buttons on the left side of the screen.
- Move the Safety Zone location by dragging the map, the Shield icon is the centre of the Safety Zone. It is always displayed in the centre of the map.
- Set the desired radius by moving the bar at e bottom. You can also type a size in the box.
The minimum value of the radius is 100 Metres (0.1KM).
The maximum value of the radius is 10 Kilometres.
- When everything is set as desired, press ‘activate zone‘. The safety zone is set, this may take several minutes.
Should you wish to deactivate the Safety Zone, press ‘Deactivate Safety Zone‘ at the bottom of the screen. This immediately disables the Safety Zone. The desired Safety Zone size will be remembered for next time.