Step by step, we will guide you to an answer to your questions. Below are some questions that will take you to the possible solution to your problem. If the answer is yes, you can proceed to the next step.
Is your E-Connect installed?
First determine the best location for your E-Connect. Then connect it to the battery with the cable provided. If desired, install a switch and a fuse. More information.
Is your E-Connect switched on and does it have sufficient power (min. 10.8V)?
The E-Connect must be connected to a 12V power source, which supplies at least 10.8V. If the voltage is lower, the E-Connect switches itself off.
- Is the plug properly inserted in the E-Connect and is the nut tightened?
- Is the cable intact and are the + and – wires mounted correctly?
- Have you fitted a switch and is it turned on?
- Have you installed a fuse and is it still intact?
- Check status LED. More information about the Status LED.
For more information on connecting to a 12 V power source, see the page on installing and mounting the E-Connect.
Were you able to scan the QR code of the E-Connect and add it to the app?
In order to use the E-Trailer sensors, an E-Connect must always be activated in your account first. This is done as follows:
- Download and install the E-Trailer app and create an account. Find out how to do this here.
- Make sure that a good internet and Bluetooth connection is available to add the E-Connect
- Log in to the app with the username and password
- Click on the ‘+’ at the bottom right of the screen.
- Scan the grey QR code card
- Follow the steps in the app
- Once the E-Connect has been added, the first thing to check is whether any updates have been released. For more information, see the page on Updating. Some modules do not work properly or do not work at all if the E-Connect is not up to date
- Then add the desired modules to the account. You can find out exactly how to do this for each product
If you cannot scan the QR code, please check the E-Connect page on what to do.
Can you connect your phone/tablet to the E-Connect?
Follow the steps below:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is on on the phone and that (for Android and some iPhone devices) you have accepted a pairing request.
- Ensure a maximum distance of 10 metres between the telephone and E-Connect and between E-Connect and the sensors.
- Is there a connection to the Internet (via WiFi or your mobile network)?
- If the software on the E-Connect has recently been updated, it may be that the E-Connect has to be restarted first.
- Check that no other devices are connected to the E-Connect. One device can be connected at a time. If possible, turn off the Bluetooth on the other devices, or close the app.
Please refer to the page on connecting with the E-Connect for further information on how to establish or restore the connection to E-Connect.
Is uw E-Connect up-to-date?
Update the E-Connect. The system works best when the software is up-to-date. To check this, follow the steps:
- Make sure your phone is fully charged
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet (via WiFi or 3,4 or 5G)
- Ensure that your phone is connected to the E-Connect via Bluetooth (the BT logo is constantly lit at the bottom of the app)
- Hold your phone as close as possible to the E-Connect for the best connection
- Open the app on your phone
- Go to General Settings
- Click on Check for updates.
The phone checks for updates. If this is the case, a pop-up will appear indicating how many updates are ready to be installed
- If there is an update ready, click on install.
It can sometimes take several minutes for an update to be received. Check if the progress bar fills up slowly
- Wait until the app indicates that the update has been installed! Click on Continue
- Click on Check for updates again. There may be more updates available.
- When all updates are installed, your system will indicate that it is up to date
If you cannot find the solution, please refer to the support page on updating.
Is the E-Trailer app up to date?
Update your app to the latest version. We regularly release updates of the app. Read all about updating your app on the App page.
Have you been able to add modules yet?
Once the E-Connect has been installed and added to your account, you can link the various individual modules. Click on the desired module to get support for installation and calibration:
Do you have a problem with a specific module?
Please refer to the help page of the relevant module for specific support:
Contact and send feedback.
If you are at all unseuccessfull, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Send a message to us using the contact form.
- Or call/WhatsApp us on weekdays between 10am and 4pm.
It may help us if we have a status report on your system. Send feedback from our app:
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Make sure you are connected via Bluetooth to your E-Connect and that it is turned on.
- Go to General Settings
- Click the Send Feedback button.
- A pop-up appears. Please enter your problem briefly and click on send.
A status report is sent by your system to our Customer Support department. We may be able to see in it exactly what is happening. We will then contact you to discuss and solve the problem.