Mounting and installation
Before installing, it is important to check the Bluetooth range of the E-Connect. The signal can travel up to 10m if it is not obstructed. As soon as sensors are installed outside the caravan (E-Gaslevel, E-Load, E-Pressure), it is important to check whether the E-Connect is mounted in the best location in the vehicle. Read more about this on the E-Connect installation page.
- Open the E-Trailer app and log in with your account.
- Make sure that Bluetooth on the smartphone is on and that you have a stable internet connection.
- Connect with the E-Connect.
- Always check for updates for your system. Click here for more information on Updating.
- Open the cardboard packaging of the E-Load and take out the white QR-Code card. This is on the side of the cardboard sleeve.
- Remove the cover on top of the plastic housing. It contains the battery.
- Remove the pull tag from the battery. A green LED will flash around the button.
- Replace the cover and screw down carefully.
- Place your caravan on the car’s tow ball.
- Remove the old nose wheel from the drawbar and install the E-Load:
A. by inserting the crank through the hole in the drawbar, or
B. by taking the 2 parts completely apart. You insert the tube with the crank through the hole in the drawbar and slide it over the part with the wheel. Please note that this part is greasy. Do not wipe off the grease, this will ensure smooth running again.
- Remove your caravan from the drawbar and let it rest on the nose wheel.
- In the app, click on ‘+’ at the bottom right to add the module.
- Follow the steps as indicated in the app.
Note: Do not forget to switch on the E-Load when you want to calibrate!
There is something wrong with the QR code
Can’t scan the QR code?
It may be that you have not yet authorised the E-Trailer app to use the phone’s camera. Turn on this permission on your phone.
You receive the message QR code invalid?
You have scanned the QR code to add your product in the app and you get a notification that something went wrong. There may be a few reasons for this:
- You have already scanned your QR code. Then the module is has already been added to your account. Go to the main screen of the app.
Is your module in there? Then click on it and follow the calibration steps.
- If you want to reinstall your modules, you do not need to scan your QR code again. Then go to the module settings and click on Unlink and install again.
- The QR code is not known in the database. At that point you contact us.
- If you bought your system second hand, the module may still be in the previous owner’s account. In that case, please contact us.
You may need to update the software on the E-Connect or your app may be out of date. See how to update your system on the Updating page.
Reset & recalibrate
If you see strange values, you can reset the E-Load as follows. You do not need a QR code!
- Ensure that you are connected to the E-Connect via Bluetooth.
- Go to settings of the E-Load module.
- Click Unlink and install again.
- Then follow the steps in the app.