GSM subscription for Starter Package Plus
If you have purchased a Starter Package Plus, you can purchase a GSM subscription to keep an eye on your camping vehicle even from a longer distance.
Determining the type of Starter Package
In the E-Trailer app, you will see a module called Starterpackage+ in the main screen. This module indicates that you own the Plus module. When you click on this module, you can see at the bottom under GSM Status whether you are connected via GSM and under Status you can see until when your subscription runs.
Purchasing a GSM subscription
During the initial installation of Starter Package Plus, you will be asked if you want to check the internet connection. To activate this internet connection, you need a subscription. A number of steps are required to complete the subscription:
- Connect the Starter Package Plus and follow the installation steps.
- During installation, you will be asked if you already have a subscription. If you choose ‘No’ here, you will be redirected to mijn.e-trailer.nl/payment.
- Here you log in with the same e-mail address and password you use to log into the E-Trailer App.
- You can now view your active subscriptions by pressing Subscription. If you do not yet have a subscription, the icon will be coloured orange.
- After completing the subscription, you can return to the App.
- The Starter Package Plus will check if it can connect via Internet and GPS.
- After the check, the App will indicate that your Starter Package Plus has been activated. You can now use the Internet and GPS functionalities.
You can use the system in most holiday countries. More information on the coverage area of the GSM subscription and how to apply for another country can be found on the coverage area page.
During activation, 4 steps are verified, based on your location, activation can take up to 15 minutes:
- Verifying the Phone Connection
It is verified that the system is connected to Bluetooth via your phone and that you have an internet connection on your phone.
- Verify Subscription
The Starter Package Plus connects to the database and checks that the connected account has an active subscription.
- Activate network
The SIM card in the Starter Package Plus is activated and the system tries to connect via 4G, this step may take longer if the 4G coverage in your area is not very good.
- Determine location
The Starter Package Plus connects to some GPS satellites and determines the location of your vehicle.
For questions specific to the function of the E-Track&Trace, please check the Help Page of the E-Track&Trace.
View GSM subscription
To check whether you have a GSM subscription, to see the duration of the subscription or to extend or stop your subscription, you can log in to mijn.e-trailer.nl.
Here you will see 3 icons:
- Profile: here you can see your personal details, the email address you see here is the same email address you use to log into the E-Trailer App.
- Subscription: here you can see your active subscription, you can also cancel your subscription here by pressing the Cancel Subscription button.
- Payments: here you can see all your subscription payments and download invoices.