Values do not update or are incorrect
Values in the app do not update
If the values in the app do not update, the following may be the case:
- Is the sensor battery flat? Replace the battery.
- Is the rubber cap still intact? A damaged cap makes the module unusable.
- Is the gas cylinder clean at the bottom?
- Is the Starter Package turned on? Check that, for example, the E-Volt or E-Level is functioning. Learn more about the Starter Package Basic or Plus.
- Is the distance between sensor and main module less than 10m?
- Is the phone connected with Bluetooth?
- Is no one else connected to the system? One device can be connected to the system at a time.
If the bottle is tilted or held upside down to install the E-Gaslevel, the gas fluctuates and no value can be read. After waiting for approx. 3 – 5 minutes, the gas in the cylinder will have subsided again. If this message does not disappear, check the following:
- Is the E-Gaslevel correctly positioned in the bottom centre of the cylinder?
If you have a gas cylinder with a dimple in the middle, place the E-Gaslevel right next to the dimple. (see photo)
- Does the E-Gaslevel touch the ground? If so, put the bottle on slats to prevent this.
- Is there no dirt / air / thick layer of paint / rust / anything else between the rubber of the gas level and the cylinder?
- Recalibrate the module:
- Go to settings of the E-Gaslevel module (not of the specific gas cylinder).
- In Sensors tab, click Unlink sensor(s) and remove data.
- Then follow the steps in the app.
- If you have more than one gas cylinder, you will have to connect each cylinder separately.
- Should this not work, reset the E-Gaslevel.
The sensor does not send out a signal every second. It may take some time before a new signal is sent.
The E-Gaslevel has a fast and a slow mode. In fast mode, a signal is sent more frequently.
Go to the E-Gaslevel settings to check which mode the module is in.
The E-Gas level can be changed to another mode by pressing and holding the button for 5 seconds.
Please note that the fast mode sends out a signal more frequently, which reduces battery life.
Values in the app are not correct
If the values in the app are not correct, check the following points:
- Have you just been driving or are you still driving? When you drive, the gas in the cylinder moves. As long as the gas ‘moves’, the values you see will not be correct. Allow the gas to settle for a few minutes before looking again.
- Is the sensor correctly positioned under the gas cylinder?
- What type of gas cylinder do you have?
- The sensor does not work under plastic gas cylinders. This is due to the layer of air between the inner and outer bottle. This distorts the signal.
- Does the gas bottle have an internal float? Then our sensor is not working properly. The float distorts the signal.
- Has the sensor not moved while driving and is it still in the middle under the gas bottle?
- Check that the battery is not empty. Replace the battery if it is empty.
- The installation may not have gone well. Reinstall the module.