I cannot connect
Check the following general points:
- Ensure a maximum distance of 10 metres between phone and Starter Package and between sensors and Starter Package .
- Is the Starter Package powered (wires connected, switch on, fuse not broken)? Check the LED light on or inside the main module.
- Does the battery still have enough voltage? The main module switches off below 10.8V. Charge the battery and try again.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on the phone? (Android: is the pairing request accepted)?
- Are you connected to the Internet (WiFi or 4 or 5G)?
- Is no one else connected to this system via Bluetooth?
- Has the Starter Package been updated recently? Then it is advisable to switch it off and on again.
If you install a new E-Gaslevel, it may be that the old E-Gaslevel is still linked to your account. Or if you have bought a second-hand E-Gaslevel, the QR code may still be linked to the previous owner’s account. Read here what you can do in these cases.
If all this is in order, there are also sensor-specific checkpoints:
- Is the E-Gaslevel correctly placed under the cylinder and does the black rubber press against the cylinder (see also E-Gaslevel cannot be found).
- Is the battery still strong enough (3V)?
In the settings of the specific E-Gaslevel, there is a battery icon at the top with a percentage next to it.
When the module is in fast mode, it will send out a signal more often and the battery will run down faster. Check here how to adjust the mode.
See here how to replace the batteries.
- If the main module is connected to an RV starter battery, then battery will spike when starting the engine. This will cause the module to reboot itself and it may take some time to reconnect to sensors.
- If necessary, turn off the Starter Package, wait a few seconds and then turn it on again.
- Finally, close the app completely (also in the background) and restart it.