I cannot connect
Check the following general points:
- Ensure a maximum distance of 10 metres between the telephone and E-Connect and between the sensors and E-Connect.
- Is the E-Connect supplied with power (wires connected, switch on, fuse not broken)? Check the LED light on or inside the E-Connect.
- Does the battery still have enough voltage? The E-Connect switches off below 10.8V. Charge the battery and try again.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on the phone? (Android: is the pairing request accepted)?
- Are you connected to the Internet (WiFi or 4 or 5G)?
- Is no one else connected to this E-Connect via Bluetooth?
- Has the E-Connect been updated recently? Then it is advisable to switch it off and on again.
If you install a replacement E-Gaslevel, it may be that the old E-Gaslevel is still linked to your account. Or if you have bought a second-hand E-Gaslevel, the QR code may still be linked to the previous owner’s account. Read here what you can do in these cases.
If all this is in order, there are also sensor-specific checkpoints:
- Is the E-Gaslevel correctly placed under the cylinder and does the black rubber press against the cylinder (see also E-Gaslevel cannot be found).
- Is the battery still strong enough (3V)?
In the settings of the specific E-Gaslevel, there is a battery icon at the top with a percentage next to it.
When the module is in fast mode, it will send out a signal more often and the battery will run down faster. Check here how to adjust the mode.
Find out here how to replace the batteries.
- If the E-Connect is connected to a starter battery in a motorhome, the battery will spike when the engine starts. This will cause the E-Connect to reboot itself and it may take some time before contact is restored with sensors.
- If necessary, switch the E-Connect off, wait a few seconds and then switch it on again.
- Finally, close the app completely (also in the background) and restart it.
If after all these checks the connection still fails, please send feedback to our Customer Support department via the app. We may be able to see in it exactly what is happening. We will then contact you to discuss and solve the problem.