I cannot connect
Check the following general points:
- Switch on the E-Temperature by pressing the button on the back for 3 sec. Press and hold (LED = green)
- Make sure there is a maximum distance of 10 metres between phone and Starter Package and between the sensors and the Starter Package.
- Is the Starter Package powered (wires connected, switch on, fuse not broken)? Check the LED light on or inside the main module.
- Does the battery still have enough voltage. The main module switches off below 10.8V. Charge the battery and try again.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on the phone? (Android: is the pairing request accepted)?
- Are you connected to the Internet (WiFi or 4 or 5G)?
- Is no one else connected to this system via Bluetooth?
- Has the Starter Package been updated recently? Then it is advisable to switch it off and on again.
Or if you have bought a second-hand E-Temperature, the QR code may still be linked to the previous owner’s account. Read here what you can do in these cases.
If all this is in order, there are also sensor-specific checkpoints:
- Is the battery still strong enough (3V)?
Test the battery by pressing the button on the back of the sensor for 3 seconds. If the LED lights up (red = off, green = on), the battery is still good. Find out here how to replace the batteries.
- If the main module is connected to an RV starter battery, battery will spike when the engine starts. This will cause the module to reboot itself and it may take some time to reconnect to sensors.
- If necessary, turn off the Starter Package, wait a few seconds and then turn it on again.
- Finally, close the app completely (also in the background) and restart it.